My name is Riikka Taivassalo. I am a candidate in the Parliamentary elections held on the 14th April 2019. My party is Blue Reform. The party was founded two years ago and has been a part of the coalition government.
Currently I am working as a special adviser for the Finnish Foreign Minister. All together I have 8 years of experience working in the sidelines of Finnish politics. I am a team player and I want to reform politics. We also need young voices in the parliament.
The most important themes for me are:
- Finland’s defense must be credible
- We need more resources for police and other security authorities
- We need more work and more people working to be able to cover the costs of the welfare state.
- We must reform our social security system in a way that it is always more beneficial to accept work instead of welfare.
CUTTING RED TAPE AND TAXES
- We must cut taxes from the workforce
- We must cut red tape where it is possible – for example wine should be allowed to be sold in the grocery stores
- We must prevent the social exclusion of youth
- Hobbies should be equally available for everybody
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Every Finnish citizen who has reached the age of 18 on the day of the election is entitled to vote in parliamentary elections. Remember to use your right to vote. Whatever you need to know about the elections or voting, you will find the information from here.